Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
January 16, 2025 at 10:55 am in reply to: Traveling costs money, but the memories are priceless #42368::
If your experiencing low flow at just one showerhead I would unscrew the sprayer head and see if the flow is good out of the hose. There’s probably just build-up/sentiment in the shower head.
::I’m sorry to hear that. Now is historically a slow time for RV sales, but if you start getting ready now sales typically start kicking up in a few weeks in February. If you have the time/patience I would suggest selling via classified listings, such as RVT.com, RVTrader, or Facebook Marketplace to get the most money out of it. Otherwise, you could sell it to a dealership or through consignment, which might be your quickest option but you’ll typically get less for it. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you sell your RV quickly: https://camperfaqs.com/how-to-sell-a-camper-fast
Good luck!
January 7, 2025 at 10:15 am in reply to: Do you use a water filter when you fill your freshwater tank? #42327::Always. Mostly to keep sediment and contaminants out of the freshwater tank. And I also filter the water out of the faucet that we use for drinking/cooking. But, for the water going into the tank, I use the Camco TastePure Water Filter.
January 2, 2025 at 11:43 am in reply to: Looking for Norcold refrigerator 6162 replacement parts #42316::Hi Bob, welcome! You could check an RV salvage yard in Idaho. Rv Doctor Goerge might be a good one. You can see whats available here: https://camperfaqs.com/rv-salvage-yards-in-idaho. Keep in mind salvage yards that deal with RV and camper parts are very hard to find these days.
::I’m a fan, but I understand why some people would prefer a tank. Pro – endless hot water. Cons – takes about 20 seconds to warm up and it requires decent water pressure to even work.
::A dehumidifier and moisture absorbers will help. I wrote an article on 12 different ways to keep moisture out of your RV here: https://camperfaqs.com/how-to-keep-moisture-out-of-rv-in-winter. Check it out, but a large dehumidifier will be your best bet. And you may want to regularly wipe off the moisture so mold doesnt form like in your picture.
::I’ve gotten to the point where it’s mostly just food and clothes that I pack, and maybe a few other items like camping chairs, etc that I might have taken out to use at home. But, I took a while to build up enough stuff to be able to leave it in the camper.
Side note, we do have a packing checklist that makes packing a lot less stressful: https://store.camperfaqs.com/products/rv-packing-checklist.
::A toilet “burping” is due to either:
- Your black tank is full
- The pipe from the toilet to black tank is clogged (most likely scenario)
- You have a poop pyramid blocking the pipe leading into the black tank from the toilet
- The vent that leads up to your RV roof is blocked
I would start by emptying your tanks completely and working down the above list from there.
::Grip tape like Bill mentioned is a great option. The glow strip on it is a nice touch! I know some who have used outdoor carpet on the steps which has the added bonus of keeping the steps cool when in direct sunlight (your bare feet and dogs paws will thank you). You could potentially paint them with bed liner too.
December 10, 2024 at 4:39 pm in reply to: Can you take your travel trailer though a truck wash? #42241::It depends what options you choose. Here’s a list of their car wash products and their average pH: https://bluebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/002-CD-Yellow-Box-Notice-Poster.pdf. It pretty cool they put out this info!
December 10, 2024 at 3:42 pm in reply to: Can you take your travel trailer though a truck wash? #42239::Blue Beacon will definitely wash your TT. I always recommend them to those looking for an RV car wash that have one nearby. You can see their services and pricing here to get an idea of how much it will cost you: https://bluebeacon.com/our-services/rv-motorcoach/
-
AuthorPosts