Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
February 26, 2025 at 1:23 pm in reply to: Are there better options than Starlink for remote areas? #42556::
You really only have two options as far as mobile internet is concerned – cellular and satellite. Starlink is the best satellite option right now. And with cellular, you need to be in an area with cellular coverage, which likely will not be ideal for remote coverage needs.
So, Starlink will be your best option (as I write this). Is it not working for you?
::I would assume if its the sail switch it wouldn’t start in the first place. I’d guess the control board needs to be replaced. If it’s still under warranty I’d take it to the dealer and have them replace it.
February 18, 2025 at 10:58 am in reply to: When you’re camping Sunday and everybody else is leaving #42523::Prime time to get any left over firewood too! Of course, make sure they actually checked out.
February 11, 2025 at 6:17 pm in reply to: Can I use an extension cord to plug in a space heater? #42499::It’s generally not recommended. If you must, use a cord with a thicker wire gauge and the shorter the cord the better. And don’t run the heater unattended (which is good advice whether using an extension cord or not).
::It’s really not necessary, imo, especially on concrete. Unless you want to alleviate the prolonged weight on the tires while in storage. However, periodically rotating/spinning the tires is better for that purpose. Or maybe you live in an area with strong wind gusts and want the additional stability, I guess I could see that. But, overall, likely not necessary. 🙂
::If you’re asking about 120v , the Watchdog like Bill posted is perfect. You can reset the usage every trip too, plus get the protection benefits.
If you’re talking 12v you will need a shunt battery monitor.
::It depends on what caused the discoloration. If you have a skylight it could be UV damage, in which case cleaning it might not help, though some people swear by peroxide in these cases (I’ve never tried it).
If its mineral deposits from hard water, then Bar Keepers Friend and some elbow grease should get it off.
::Luxury RV Resort… beautiful park, reasonably priced, and walking distance to the beach and several restaurants. It’s the closest RV park to the beach (as far as I know). It fills up fast though.
Here’s their website: https://luxuryrvresort.com/
::@ia_camper is correct. To expand on that, it will freeze, but won’t expand until it hits whatever temperature it’s rated for. In other words, if it’s rated for -50, it will not start to expand until temps of -50 are reached. You should have nothing to worry about.
::Welcome, Betty! It’s impossible for us to give a definitive answer as your options will depend on your jurisdiction. That said, most jurisdictions allow you to request a postponement or deferral if you cannot serve on the date specified. Check the summons for instructions on how to request a postponement (if possible). Many courts allow this to be done online or via phone.
Hope this helps!
::Yup, regular old vinegar will do the trick. And if you plan on leaving it in storage until Spring, that should be enough if you leave the door open from here on out. But if you’d like to use it anytime soon, then like ia_camper said, baking soda should work or coffee grounds.
::Preferably inspected once a year by a certified professional. I also do a quick inspection every camping trip.
-
AuthorPosts