Tory Jon

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Do you pull in slides in strong winds? #41151
    Tory Jon
    Keymaster
        • Joined: Nov 2019
        • Posts: 699
        • Likes: 1014
        Like
        Up
        1
        ::

        Nope, you can leave them out. 🙂

        in reply to: Working remotely from your RV – Pros? Cons? Tips? #41131
        Tory Jon
        Keymaster
            • Joined: Nov 2019
            • Posts: 699
            • Likes: 1014
            Like
            Up
            1
            ::

            Good discussion starter! I’m in a similar boat. Not full-time, but I work remotely every vacation (to my wife’s dismay). We have plenty of downtime camping so I work during those times, typically when everybody is outside, that way I can set up at the dining table and get some work done.

            A good wifi connection can be an issue. WIFI is something I look for when booking a campground but you can never rely on it. Starlink is by far the best when it comes to getting overall great coverage across the country (as of right now), so it’s well worth it if you have to work on the road.

            I work form home when not RV’ing so working outside the office has never been an issue for me. But I know others say they couldn’t do it, they feel isolated, lonely, etc. Its not for everybody.

            in reply to: Repairing a rip in the awning #41121
            Tory Jon
            Keymaster
                • Joined: Nov 2019
                • Posts: 699
                • Likes: 1014
                Like
                Up
                1
                ::

                Camco has awning repair tape: https://www.amazon.com/camco-42613-awning-repair-tape/dp/B005SB6Q2W?th=1

                If it’s under warranty you might be able to get it replaced.

                in reply to: The driver of the car who just cut off your RV #41119
                Tory Jon
                Keymaster
                    • Joined: Nov 2019
                    • Posts: 699
                    • Likes: 1014
                    Like
                    Up
                    0
                    ::

                    Very true… unfortunately

                    in reply to: 10 year old RV restriction? #41114
                    Tory Jon
                    Keymaster
                        • Joined: Nov 2019
                        • Posts: 699
                        • Likes: 1014
                        Like
                        Up
                        1
                        ::

                        A strict 10-year rule isn’t common, however, I’ve stayed at quite a few that just want to know if your RV is well-maintained before letting you book a spot. Some RVers hate this rule, others appreciate it. And no, I wouldn’t worry about having to trade your RV in at the 10-year mark 🙂

                        in reply to: Carry extra propane tank in trailer? #41106
                        Tory Jon
                        Keymaster
                            • Joined: Nov 2019
                            • Posts: 699
                            • Likes: 1014
                            Like
                            Up
                            1
                            ::

                            I’m not sure of any legalities, but I’d recommend not storing extra tanks in a fully enclosed space. Id your tow vehicle is a truck you could put it in the bed or convert the single tank holder on the front of your TT to a dual tank holder. But like mentioned, it’s not hard to find propane wherever you camp.

                            in reply to: Can I overnight at rest areas? #41090
                            Tory Jon
                            Keymaster
                                • Joined: Nov 2019
                                • Posts: 699
                                • Likes: 1014
                                Like
                                Up
                                2
                                ::

                                It really depends, as the rules and regulations vary by state and specific rest area. Some states allow it for a limited time (8 hours, for example), while others strictly prohibit it. I would research by state and have a backup plan. Here’s a list of stores that do and do not allow overnight parking if you need a backup: https://camperfaqs.com/what-stores-allow-overnight-rv-parking

                                in reply to: How do I recertify my mounted propane tank? #41079
                                Tory Jon
                                Keymaster
                                    • Joined: Nov 2019
                                    • Posts: 699
                                    • Likes: 1014
                                    Like
                                    Up
                                    1
                                    ::

                                    If you are referring to a mounted ASME tank, which it sounds like, then you don’t have to get it recertified. Only DOT portable tanks require recertification.

                                    in reply to: When is it too windy for the awning? #41074
                                    Tory Jon
                                    Keymaster
                                        • Joined: Nov 2019
                                        • Posts: 699
                                        • Likes: 1014
                                        Like
                                        Up
                                        1
                                        ::

                                        If we’re not using it, it’s retracted. If we are using it and the wind noticeably starts to pick up, it gets retracted. I’ve had too many get ruined due to wind to risk it anymore.

                                        in reply to: Water sputtering issue #41068
                                        Tory Jon
                                        Keymaster
                                            • Joined: Nov 2019
                                            • Posts: 699
                                            • Likes: 1014
                                            Like
                                            Up
                                            1
                                            ::

                                            Welcome to the forums! No need to apologize. It’s a great question. The extra details help too. In your case I would say to just let the faucets run longer. It can take a while. Report back if that doesn’t help.

                                            in reply to: RV campgrounds these days meme #41063
                                            Tory Jon
                                            Keymaster
                                                • Joined: Nov 2019
                                                • Posts: 699
                                                • Likes: 1014
                                                Like
                                                Up
                                                0
                                                ::

                                                😂 I dont think Id ever going camping if the campground looked like that!

                                                in reply to: Black tank sensors say full when empty #41055
                                                Tory Jon
                                                Keymaster
                                                    • Joined: Nov 2019
                                                    • Posts: 699
                                                    • Likes: 1014
                                                    Like
                                                    Up
                                                    1
                                                    ::

                                                    No, you can’t “reset” the sensors. Most likely, they are dirty and just need to be cleaned off. This is a super common issue.

                                                    Here is a link explaining exactly how to clean out your black tank step-by-step and maintain it to keep the sensors clean and prevent it from ever clogging: https://camperfaqs.com/how-to-clean-out-rv-black-water-tank

                                                    Tory Jon
                                                    Keymaster
                                                        • Joined: Nov 2019
                                                        • Posts: 699
                                                        • Likes: 1014
                                                        Like
                                                        Up
                                                        1
                                                        ::

                                                        You have options – child locks, tie the handles together with velcro strips or adjustable bands, use the “Fridge Fixer,” etc. Just keep in mind you don’t want to use something that will damage your fridge or void the warranty. I cover a bunch of ways here, plus a few important considerations: https://camperfaqs.com/how-to-keep-an-rv-refrigerator-door-closed-while-traveling

                                                        in reply to: Do you recommend a surge protector? #41034
                                                        Tory Jon
                                                        Keymaster
                                                            • Joined: Nov 2019
                                                            • Posts: 699
                                                            • Likes: 1014
                                                            Like
                                                            Up
                                                            1
                                                            ::

                                                            Agreed, go with a surge protector with EPO or EMS. They might cost more, but its extra insurance.

                                                            in reply to: Do you recommend a surge protector? #41029
                                                            Tory Jon
                                                            Keymaster
                                                                • Joined: Nov 2019
                                                                • Posts: 699
                                                                • Likes: 1014
                                                                Like
                                                                Up
                                                                3
                                                                ::

                                                                It’s a must-have! And Watchdogs are great. I have the Progressive Industries EMS, but the Bluetooth feature on that Watchdog is a nice feature. I also prefer the hardwired version as opposed to the portable version. One less thing to do (and forget) during setup and it’s way less likely to be stolen.

                                                              Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 437 total)