Tory Jon

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Bathroom smells awful after flushing #42106
    Tory Jon
    Keymaster
        • Joined: Nov 2019
        • Posts: 699
        • Likes: 1014
        Like
        Up
        1
        ::

        Another common culprit is running your bathroom vent fan while flushing.

        If the above two don’t help, here’s a checklist to run through of the most common reasons this happens: https://camperfaqs.com/rv-toilet-smells-when-flushed

        in reply to: Should I cover my RV this winter? #42090
        Tory Jon
        Keymaster
            • Joined: Nov 2019
            • Posts: 699
            • Likes: 1014
            Like
            Up
            1
            ::

            I personaly would if I were you, especially living in the north. Like @ia_camper said, they can be tricky to get on and off so if you’re not comfortable getting on the roof of your RV check out this article I wrote: https://camperfaqs.com/how-to-install-rv-cover-without-getting-on-roof. The easier the process to get it on the more likely you are to do it 🙂

            Also, make sure you measure correctly and get one that fits right. Check this out: https://camperfaqs.com/how-to-measure-for-rv-cover

            Like I state in that article, “The cover should fit loosely over your RV for easy installation, then you should tighten it with the straps to prevent it from flapping in the wind, which can cause damage to the exterior of your RV and the cover itself.”

            in reply to: How do you get your mail? #42076
            Tory Jon
            Keymaster
                • Joined: Nov 2019
                • Posts: 699
                • Likes: 1014
                Like
                Up
                1
                ::

                There are forwarding services like myrvmail.com and I know USPS will even forward mail temporarily. BUt since you won’t have an actual address for USPS to forward to and myrvmail.com might be overkill for just a few months. I’d recommend (and its what I do), is just have a family member.neighbor check the mail once a week. I have somebody come by and water plants and check the house anyways, so I just have them grab the mail too. I know that wont work for everyone, but its an idea.

                in reply to: How can I tell if my camper is 30 amp or 50 amp? #42070
                Tory Jon
                Keymaster
                    • Joined: Nov 2019
                    • Posts: 699
                    • Likes: 1014
                    Like
                    Up
                    1
                    ::

                    Welcome to the community, Glenn! No need to apologize. If your camper has a 3-prong plug its a 30-amp and if it has a 4-prong plug it’s a 50-amp. Here’s a pic of the difference:

                    Difference-between-30-amp-and-50-amp-RV-plugs

                    Here’s a link to an article for more information: https://camperfaqs.com/is-my-camper-30-or-50-amp

                    in reply to: Fall Camping #42067
                    Tory Jon
                    Keymaster
                        • Joined: Nov 2019
                        • Posts: 699
                        • Likes: 1014
                        Like
                        Up
                        0
                        ::

                        Agreed!

                        in reply to: Has anyone stayed overnight at a Buc-ees? #42059
                        Tory Jon
                        Keymaster
                            • Joined: Nov 2019
                            • Posts: 699
                            • Likes: 1014
                            Like
                            Up
                            0
                            ::

                            @ia_camper is correct. The company policy seems to be no overnighting. And I’ve seen signs posted at a few of the Buc-ees I’ve stopped at specifically stating no overnights. That said, you could always go in and ask the manager and they might accommodate you.

                            If you’re looking for locations to overnight for free check out this article I wrote: https://camperfaqs.com/what-stores-allow-overnight-rv-parking. I contacted 15 stores to see if they would allow Rvers to overnight at their locations. I should probably add Buc-ees to that list since they are growing in popularity.

                            in reply to: What do you use for RV antifreeze? #42044
                            Tory Jon
                            Keymaster
                                • Joined: Nov 2019
                                • Posts: 699
                                • Likes: 1014
                                Like
                                Up
                                2
                                ::

                                I’ve used Starbrite many times and its what I recommend on this site. Here it is on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/AMRS-31400R-6-Starbrite-Non-Toxic-Anti-Freeze-Restrictions/dp/B00NKV0QM8

                                I’ve also used Splash Rv and Marine Antifreeze, which I picked dup from Menards. That did the job too.

                                The most important thing is to get an antifreeze specifically made for RV plumbing use.

                                in reply to: Stop travel trailer from rocking?! #42033
                                Tory Jon
                                Keymaster
                                    • Joined: Nov 2019
                                    • Posts: 699
                                    • Likes: 1014
                                    Like
                                    Up
                                    3
                                    ::

                                    I’m not sure what you’ve tried but I’d start with putting blocks under your jacks so they don’t extend too far out. Typically, the less your jacks extend the less movement you feel in the trailer.

                                    in reply to: Do Love’s allow RVs to stay overnight? #42025
                                    Tory Jon
                                    Keymaster
                                        • Joined: Nov 2019
                                        • Posts: 699
                                        • Likes: 1014
                                        Like
                                        Up
                                        1
                                        ::

                                        Some Love’s do allow RV’s. In fact, they have a locator map of their “Love’s RV Stops” here: https://www.camplife.com/campground/Loves+RV+Stops. Even if they don’t have an official RV Stop at a Love’s location, they may still allow you to overnight. Just call the store or stop in and ask.

                                        in reply to: Bad toilet smell after one week? #42018
                                        Tory Jon
                                        Keymaster
                                            • Joined: Nov 2019
                                            • Posts: 699
                                            • Likes: 1014
                                            Like
                                            Up
                                            2
                                            ::

                                            Good info above! Here’s a step-by-step on dumping your tanks that thoroughly covers the process from start to finish: https://camperfaqs.com/how-to-use-an-rv-dump-station

                                            in reply to: Prevent toilet from overflowing! #42006
                                            Tory Jon
                                            Keymaster
                                                • Joined: Nov 2019
                                                • Posts: 699
                                                • Likes: 1014
                                                Like
                                                Up
                                                0
                                                ::

                                                Yep, that’ll work! Let us know if you run into any installation issues. 🙂

                                                in reply to: Prevent toilet from overflowing! #42001
                                                Tory Jon
                                                Keymaster
                                                    • Joined: Nov 2019
                                                    • Posts: 699
                                                    • Likes: 1014
                                                    Like
                                                    Up
                                                    1
                                                    ::

                                                    Agree with Bill. A faulty water valve. Luckily they are easy to replace. If you let us know your toilet make/model we can point you to the right part.

                                                    in reply to: Will my lines freeze in one night? #41994
                                                    Tory Jon
                                                    Keymaster
                                                        • Joined: Nov 2019
                                                        • Posts: 699
                                                        • Likes: 1014
                                                        Like
                                                        Up
                                                        1
                                                        ::

                                                        You should be fine if it just dips below freezing overnight. a good rule of thumb is if temps drop below freezing (32F) for 24 hours or more your pipes are at risk of freezing. Though there are a lot of factors at play, like how well-insulated the underbelly is and so on.

                                                        in reply to: Best heater that doesn’t use propane? #41980
                                                        Tory Jon
                                                        Keymaster
                                                            • Joined: Nov 2019
                                                            • Posts: 699
                                                            • Likes: 1014
                                                            Like
                                                            Up
                                                            2
                                                            ::

                                                            A space heater or electric fireplace if you have one are both great options. I use the Heta STorm Infrared Space Heater and it works great. Here are a few options that Rv’ers from this forum have recommended: https://camperfaqs.com/best-electric-heater-for-rv

                                                            in reply to: Do what makes you happy #41965
                                                            Tory Jon
                                                            Keymaster
                                                                • Joined: Nov 2019
                                                                • Posts: 699
                                                                • Likes: 1014
                                                                Like
                                                                Up
                                                                0
                                                                ::

                                                                The truth!

                                                              Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 437 total)