Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
::
Welcome to the community, Shelly! The “best” might be subjective, and like you said, there are not a ton of options, but two major brands to consider are Forest River and Coachmen. Each brand has a few pop-up camper models with bathrooms and I believe they all can be had for less than $25k new. You can learn more about the exact models here: https://camperfaqs.com/pop-up-campers-with-bathrooms
That only includes tent campers since you specifically mentioned that, not A-frames, or hard-sided popups, which some like to lump into the same category.
Hope this gets you started down the right path.
August 20, 2024 at 2:32 pm in reply to: Does hooking up to city water fill up my freshwater tank? #41582::Depending on the RV, you have either two separate inlets, one for city water and one to fill your freshwater tank OR one inlet with a valve that you turn for city water or fill.
So, first, make sure you are hooked up to the city inlet or you correctly have the valve set to city water. If that’s correct, then you likely have a backflow check valve stuck open, allowing water to flow back into your freshwater tank.
Here’s a diagram to help illustrate my point:
::Similar to Matt, I have a 25ft and a 10ft. I’ve never been to a park where they weren’t enough.
::I’ve tested many of them, and still multiple hoses. But, personally, I prefer the Camco Rhino Flex. I did a write-up of why here: https://camperfaqs.com/best-rv-sewer-hose-kits
What it boils down to is that around $50 you get an ultra-durable, easy-to-use hose. It’s hard to beat that price.
August 14, 2024 at 11:49 am in reply to: How much bleach should I use to sanitize the water system? #41484::Good question! The typical recommendation, and what I’ve been doing for years, is approximately a 1/4 cup of bleach for every 15 gallons of water your fresh water tank can hold.
For example, a 45-gallon freshwater tank would need about 3/4 cup (or about 6 ounces) of bleach for sanitization.
Here’s a quick how-to on sanitizing your freshwater system using bleach: https://camperfaqs.com/how-to-sanitize-rv-freshwater-tank-lines
::I keep coverage year-round. You never know what could happen to it while you’re not using it.
That said, you might want to speak to your insurance agent to see what the options are. For example, State Farm has (not sure if they still offer it) a policy that offers comprehensive coverage while you use it and storage insurance when you’re not. But it’s important to see what each plan covers and if the risk is worth the potential savings.
::What you’re looking for is an Over-The-Air (OTA) TV antenna. If you want to mount it o your RV King and WInegard are both great brands. Find the right one for you here: https://camperfaqs.com/best-over-the-air-rv-tv-antenna
Otherwise, any amplified TV antenna should work. You could just mount it to the ladder on your RV and run the cable through a window to your TV, for example.
::Agree with @ia_camper. Plus I’ve had no issues with coils freezing over since using one. They are cheap, i’d recommend trying one out.
August 4, 2024 at 3:28 pm in reply to: Should I leave my water pump on when camping for a week? #41411::Welcome! No dumb questions here. Will you be using your fresh water tank or connected to a water source?
If connected to the campsite’s water source with a hose, then you will not need to use your pump. If you are using water from your water tank, then you will use your pump.
::No RV specific apps, but Open Roads app (for diesel) and Gas Buddy are helpful. Plus, here’s a little tip, open the gas station in Google Maps satellite view to see the layout and to get a good idea if you’ll fit. Their “street view” also helps!
::I recommend them. We use them every time mosquitoes are an issue and they seem to protect about a 15 to 20 sq foot perimeter around us. Wind will affect it though.
Are they effective as DEET or permethrin treated clothes? Probably not, but they are helpful if you don’t want chemicals on your skin and clothes.
::First, we try to cook outside as much as possible. Aside from that, the crockpot, instant pot, and microwave are great options.
::Check out this article – Choosing the Best RV Generator for All Your Power Needs
THis will help you find the right generator for your needs plus it has some of the most popular generator models and what real RVers (from this community) had to say about them.
-
AuthorPosts