Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
::
I found this on the Happy Campers website:
Important Note for California RVers
While Happy Campers contains no formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, bronopol, or other banned biocides, California’s SB-317 labeling rules restrict its sale there due to broad definitions of “non-biodegradable” chemicals. Always check local regulations to ensure your RV tank treatment complies with state requirements.Next time you travel out of state, you could pick some up. I like Happy Campers, but there are others too. Unique is another popular option.
::No, it doesn’t need to be level when in storage. Some even tilt the camper so that rain runs off and doesn’t pool.
::Yep, LevelMyRV: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/level-my-rv/id1671452235
And another I believe does the same thing is https://apps.apple.com/us/app/caravan-level-remote/id1130156903
November 5, 2025 at 4:02 pm in reply to: Just upgraded to lithium batteries, how do we store them for winter? #54704::It’s best to read your battery’s owner’s manual. That said, unless you live in extremely cold climates, it’s likely fine to keep them in your camper disconnected. I know the Battle Born LifePo4 can handle temps down to -10.
::I use Starbrite, and it’s what I recommend on this site. https://www.amazon.com/AMRS-31400R-6-Starbrite-Non-Toxic-Anti-Freeze-Restrictions/dp/B00NKV0QM8
I’ve also used Splash RV Antifreeze from Menards, which worked fine.
So, really, any major brand should do the trick. The most important thing is to get an antifreeze specifically made for RV plumbing use.
::Yes, find a level spot and put down pavers or pressure-treated boards. I would also place a vapor barrier on the grass underneath the camper to reduce the ground moisture from rising. And use wheel chocks and ensure the camper is stable.
You’ll want to periodically check on things to make sure it’s not sagging or shifting, and to look for signs of moisture.
::I always do, really, anytime I’m not using it. Keeps looky-lou’s from looking inside and sun damage, etc.
October 17, 2025 at 5:00 pm in reply to: Trip cancelled – leave black tank as-is for a month? #54463::You have nothing to worry about, unless you live far North and it potentially freezes in the next month, but thats more of an issue with water in your lines.
::Like @ia_camper said, they likely don’t have them. You might be able to tell from the photos. If you’re worried about rocking, you can most likely install front scissor jacks. And be sure you are on solid ground and use chocks for added stability.
::Good tips above! I would just add prewashing fruits and veggies and prepping any meals that require water ahead of time. And even using disposable dinnerware to save on washing dishes (though that creates more waste).
::The safest options are either a crash-tested travel crate (secured to the RV floor or seat anchors) or a crash-tested seat-belt harness clipped to a seat belt or the RV’s lap/shoulder belt system (like IA_Camper mentioned above).
September 25, 2025 at 1:20 pm in reply to: Looking for RV wash mop that doesn’t scratch paint #54157::Get a Mary Moppins. It’s Lambs’ wool. Highly recommended. https://www.amazon.com/Mary-Moppins-Pure-Lambswool-Holder/dp/B01MQ4ZJH6/ref=sr_1_2
::Hey Kelly, Camco sells them. Here it is on Amazon. Here’s a version on Amazon with a quick connect too. Either one should work.
-
AuthorPosts