Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
::
I’m a little biased, but I do not recommend it. While I am super interested in technology and I use many of the AI models constantly to stay up-to-date with the technology, they are often wrong, they hallucinate, and they have no real-world experience (they just regurgitate, most often wrongly what real people have written about).
In fact, a study showed, “Collectively, they provided incorrect answers to more than 60 percent of queries. Across different platforms, the level of inaccuracy varied, with Perplexity answering 37 percent of the queries incorrectly, while Grok 3 had a much higher error rate, answering 94 percent of the queries incorrectly.”
But, as I’ve pointed out in this thread:
==
“…these AI tools are powered by content scraped from human creators. Bloggers, small businesses, and travel experts who’ve poured their hearts into crafting authentic, experience-based advice are seeing their work essentially repackaged by machines and offered as “personalized” itineraries. Let’s be really clear – this is THEFT masquerading as technological innovation.
Companies like Google and OpenAI are pushing their AI products onto travelers purely for profits. But this comes at a cost to you, the traveler: the erasure of the very connection that makes travel meaningful. AI can’t replicate the passion of a travel blogger or fellow community member sharing their favorite off-the-beaten-path destinations, nor can it match the nuanced advice of a local who knows their hometown inside and out.
Instead of embracing AI as the future of travel, we should question who benefits from it.
Spoiler alert: it’s not the traveler. It’s the tech giants who profit from using stolen content to monopolize the travel industry.”
==
Just my two cents. Feel free to try it out, but be careful with its output. And if you’re like me, you’ll want to hear what those with experience visiting certain places have to say.
::Any good bug and tar remover should do the trick. I’ve used Turtle Wax Bug and Tar with success. I know another member of this forum swears by Chemical guys bug and tar.
::DIcor lap sealant is your best bet, IMO. Thoroughly clean the area, wipe it down with denatured alcohol, and if the separation is bad and the old caulk is loose, you can remove it, but Dicor actually recommends just leaving the old sealant. Then just put a strip of new sealant over the old. Here’s a quick how-to video:
::Not a dumb question at all! In fact, there’s no one right answer. The best answer I can give is to check your vehicle’s specifications (in other words, the number of seat belts the motorhome has) and the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) regulations. Just remember, every state has different laws, so it will vary depending on the state you are driving through. To play it safe, the number of people that can ride in the motorhome should not exceed the number of seat belts you have. And make sure everybody is seated and buckled as you’re driving (this may not be required in every state, but is important from a safety perspective).
-
AuthorPosts
