Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
::
This is a great question. And ultimately, no matter what advice you get from others on the internet, you should always check your manual first for your specific model of CO detector to help identify what the issue might be. If you don’t have the manual for whatever reason, you can find a copy with a quick search online.
That out of the way, if you’re 100% sure it’s not due to the presence of carbon monoxide, it’s likely one of a few things:
- Low voltage to the detector
- It expired
::Do whatever you want. Some people will slide them in, others leave them out. If you leave them out, you might want to invest in some slide toppers to keep debris out, block UV rays, and prevent leaks from potentially happening when you’re not there. Otherwise, slide them in. And you don’t have to worry about anything.
::Good question and one that I’m sure has crossed almost every RVers mind at some point. In my opinion, some of the benefits would include:
- You can enjoy a variety of great views whenever you like. If you want to live next to a lake or wake up to enjoy the fresh air of the ocean, go for it.
- The RV community, for the most part, is known for its welcoming and supportive nature. You’ll meet friendly people who share similar interests.
- Living in your camper will teach you how to be a minimalist. You can’t keep clutter, and this will teach you about things that really matter to you.
- Being closer to nature is a benefit for many.
- Cost savings are a potential benefit, though not guaranteed. Proper budgeting and lifestyle adjustments can reduce living costs.
- This is an excellent choice for someone who wants to travel full-time.
- You have the potential to work from anywhere
Just a few off the top of my head. 🙂
::I personally use Happy Campers and it seems to work fine. I think the most important thing is just using enough water. No treatment will replace the need for plenty of water in your tank. But, I’ve had no smell or clogging issues using Happy Campers.
::I don’t mind chatting it up with neighbors but I get where you’re coming from. Which is why when I run into a neighbor, I keep it cordial and short. If they want to keep talking, that’s fine, but at least I’m not the one talking the ear off somebody who doesn’t want to listen. lol
Unfortunately, though, you’re going to run into this, just like you’ll have loud, unruly neighbors at some point. You can tackle this problem head-on by telling them you want some quiet time, staying in your RV if you notice them out, asking to be moved, etc.
::Recpro will have what you need https://www.recpro.com/. Sofa sleepers will run between $700-1800, depending on size, quality, etc.
::Hey Jenny, welcome! Yes, you can use window insulation film. If you have shades you can put Reflictix insulation inside the panels to create an insulating barrier without anybody even realizing they are insulated. You can learn more about that and a few other options here: https://camperfaqs.com/how-to-insulate-rv-windows-for-winter-living
::It depends whether you want some light through or to completely black it out.
Amazon has insulators that fit right into your skylight.

Or a cover you can install.

Just a few options.
::I’d mix 1/4 cup of bleach with 15 gallons of water, dump it in your toilet, and let it drain into the black tank. This should also help kill any mold spores that may have formed in the piping or black tank.
And since it sounds like this happened over winter, there be moisture issues in your RV while it’s in storage. Next time you store it over winter, place some Damp Rid throughout your RV to help absorb excess moisture.
::I always start with the most obvious, check the thermostat. Then ensure the fridge is level and check the door gasket to make sure there is a tight seal.
::It depends on the model. I’ve heard some ACs that are naturally pretty loud. It would help to know if it was fairly quiet before and got loud, or if its just always been loud.
A couple things to check are the rubber gasket that sits between the air conditioning unit and the roof for deterioration and check for any loose screws/bolts. If those are good, and the sound just seems to come from the fan motor, you could try an AC silencer. You can learn about those here: https://camperfaqs.com/how-to-quiet-rv-ac
Otherwise if your unit is fairly old, it may be time for an upgrade or to have a technician look at it.
::I love just sitting unde the awning and watching the rain. I could do that all day. The kids would definitely get bored though. Thats where electronics come in (TV, phones, tables, etc.), board games, or just seeing what the local town has to offer.
-
AuthorPosts