rick.schleicher

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Need RV cat litter box ideas #58837
    rick.schleicher
    Participant
        • Joined: Jul 2026
        • Posts: 3
        • Likes: 4
        Like
        Up
        0
        ::

        We did the shower as well, it was OK but we also travel with dogs so there was always an issue keeping them out of it

        In our 2022 Grand Design 2500RL, there is a wall down beside the bed between the bedroom and the front storage area so I installed a Cat door there. In the storage compartment on the passenger side, I installed a wall just on the inside of the cat door to keep them from roaming the whole storage area. I also installed a hinged door on the false wall so when we travel, I can lower it down, rest it on the cat litter box and then use that space for storage of blocks and such.

        Keeps cleaning of the litter box to the outside, the cats can come and go, dogs can’t get in… it’s a win win

        in reply to: How do you keep your fridge cold on long drives? #58836
        rick.schleicher
        Participant
            • Joined: Jul 2026
            • Posts: 3
            • Likes: 4
            Like
            Up
            1
            ::

            Our fridge is 12v only and wired directly to the batteries so I don’t have much of a choice

            We always start the fridge the day before, fill it the day of with cold/frozen food from the house and head out

            If you don’t want to run propane while driving, might suggest putting some frozen milk or water in the fridge to help on those longer days

            I’ve never used a 12v/propane fridge so can’t help there, sorry

            Rick

            in reply to: Where do you store your sewer hose? #58835
            rick.schleicher
            Participant
                • Joined: Jul 2026
                • Posts: 3
                • Likes: 4
                Like
                Up
                3
                ::

                Hey all,

                New to the site, not new to RV’ing

                I mounted a 6″ PVC fence post under the back end of the RV that goes from side to side, put a cap on each end and hold them in place with springs

                Drilled a few holes in the bottom and sides of the channel to help vent/drain, been using it for over 5 years now and no issues. I can store 2 standard hoses in case I need that extra few feet

                Good luck and be safe

                Rick

              Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)