We got our hands on a 10′ White Duck Regatta Bell Tent and put it to the test!
Join us as we unbox the tent, set it up, and give you a tour of all of its features (along with our thoughts) on this luxury camping tent.
Regatta Bell Tent Unboxing & Setup Video
Let’s kick this off with a quick video of myself unboxing the tent as it came from the manufacturer, setting it up, and a quick inside tour.
Keep in mind we are reviewing the 10′ model. The Regatta actually comes in 4 sizes, including:
So, you’re likely to find a size that works for you.
Now, let’s jump into the nitty-gritty details of this tent.
Detailed Review of the Regatta Bell Tent
Here’s a summary of the 10′ White Duck Regatta Bell Tent:
|Capacity||3 person (2, 6, & 10 person also available)|
|Pros||Heavy-duty materials, spacious, perfect for multiple seasons and glamping, excellent in high winds, priced well|
|Cons||Heavy (definitely not ideal for backpacking), entry door pole gets in the way, door zippers are hard to completely shut|
What’s in the Box
The Regatta Bell Tent comes with everything you need to transport it to your campsite and for easy setup (including the mallet)!
- Canvas Tent: The main component, made from high-quality ‘Army Duck’ cotton canvas.
- Adjustable Guylines: These are attached to the tent for stability.
- Metal Tension Adjusters: These are used with the guylines for ease of setup.
- Center Pole: This pole supports the tent’s unique bell shape and high ceiling.
- Door Entrance Pole: This pole supports the entrance of the tent.
- Jpegs: These are used for securing the tent to the ground.
- Pins: These are used along with the jpegs for added stability and security.
- Rubber Mallet: This is used for driving in the pegs.
- Rubber Base Plate/Vacuum: This is used for maintaining the tent’s center pole stability.
- Rain Cap: This is used to prevent rain from entering through the grommet that the door entrance pole uses for support.
- Waterproof Storage Bag: The main bag used for storing the canvas tent and the below storage bags.
- Pole Bag: This bag is for storing the center and entrance poles.
- Tool Kit Bag: This bag is for storing all the small components.
Setting up the Regatta Bell Tent was surprisingly easy. In fact, I broke more of a sweat carrying the tent to the setup spot than actually setting up the tent.
The tent comes with easy-to-follow instructions, with 8 steps as follows:
- Spread out the tent cover
- Stake the tent down
- Setup the Center Pole
- Push the pole up and raise the roof
- Setup the Door Entrance Pole
- Attach the Guylines
- Insert all remaining stakes and pins
- Adjust the Guylines and Metal Tension Adjusters
I’ll spare you the written details for each step. Just watch the video above, and you can see the tent setup in action.
Design and Structure
The Regatta Bell Tent stands out with its unique bell shape, a design that adds to its aesthetic appeal and enhances its functionality. The tent is made from high-quality 8.5 oz. “DYNADUCK” army duck cotton canvas, a material known for its durability and resistance to harsh weather conditions.
The tent’s structure is characterized by a single tall central support pole (and one entry door pole). This design element contributes to the tent’s spacious interior and simplifies the setup process. The pole’s height and positioning create a high ceiling (7’5″ for the 10′ tent), adding to the overall roominess of the tent.
Versatility and Use Cases
One of the key strengths of the Regatta Bell Tent is its versatility. It’s an ideal choice for family camping, with ample space to accommodate multiple sleepers comfortably. The tent’s cozy atmosphere and spacious interior make it perfect for glamping, offering a blend of luxury and the great outdoors.
The tent’s design and materials make it suitable for multi-season use. Whether you’re planning a summer camping trip or a winter adventure, the Regatta Bell Tent is equipped to handle varying weather conditions.
It’s especially handy for cold weather camping with its built-in stove jack (which we didn’t use, but it looks fairly easy to set up). In fact, this tent is one of our top picks for the best winter tent with a stove jack.
Space and Comfort
The Regatta Bell Tent excels in providing a spacious and comfortable camping environment. The high ceiling and roomy interior contribute to a sense of openness, preventing the feeling of being cramped, that’s common in smaller tents.
Despite its spaciousness, the tent manages to maintain a cozy atmosphere. This balance of space and comfort enhances the overall camping experience, making the tent feel like a home away from home.
Stability and Durability
The Regatta Bell Tent is designed to withstand high winds, thanks to its bell shape and the stability provided by the central support pole. The tent’s durable construction, featuring army duck cotton canvas, double stitched seams, and galvanized steel support poles, ensures it can stand up to the elements.
Despite its stability and durability, the tent is surprisingly easy to set up and tear down. However, special care is needed for storage to maintain the quality of the cotton canvas.
Regatta Bell Tent Size Comparison
While we tested and reviewed the 10′ Regatta Bell Tent by White Duck, they actually offer an 8′, 13′, and 20′ model, as well. Here is how they compare.
|8′ Mini Regatta Bell Tent||10′ Regatta Bell Tent||13′ Regatta Bell Tent||20′ Regatta Bell Tent|
|Canvas Type||DYNADUCK fabric, with 8.5 oz army duck cotton canvas||DYNADUCK fabric, with 8.5 oz army duck cotton canvas||DYNADUCK fabric, with 8.5 oz army duck cotton canvas||DYNADUCK fabric, with 8.5 oz army duck cotton canvas|
|Fabric Options||Water Repellent||Water Repellent||Water Repellent, Fire Water Repellent (+$190)||Water Repellent, Fire Water Repellent (+$300)|
|Stove Jack||Not included||Pre-installed heat-resistant silicone-coated stove jack with a 5-inch pre-cut pattern||Pre-installed heat-resistant silicone-coated stove jack with a 5-inch pre-cut pattern||Pre-installed heat-resistant silicone-coated stove jack with a 5-inch pre-cut pattern|
|Total Weight (lbs)|
|51||66-71||107 – 117|
What We Like
There’s a lot to love about the Regatta Bell Tent. Here are some of the highlights:
- Heavy-Duty Materials: The tent is made from 8.5 oz. army duck cotton canvas, thick galvanized steel support poles, and double-stitched seams with reinforced corners to withstand the rigors of outdoor use.
- Spacious: The tent’s unique bell shape and high ceiling create a spacious interior, providing ample room for multiple sleepers. It’s perfect for family camping trips or group outings.
- Perfect for Multiple Seasons and Glamping: The tent’s design and materials make it suitable for use in various seasons. Whether you’re planning a summer or winter camping trip, the Regatta Bell Tent has got you covered. Plus, its cozy atmosphere and spacious interior make it an excellent choice for glamping.
- Excellent in High Winds: Thanks to its bell shape and the stability provided by the central support pole, the tent performs exceptionally well in high winds. This feature is particularly useful in unpredictable weather conditions.
- Priced Well: Considering its quality, durability, and versatility, the Regatta Bell Tent offers excellent value for the money, especially when compared to its competition.
What We Don’t Like
Despite its many strengths, there are a few aspects of the Regatta Bell Tent that could be improved:
- Heavy: The tent’s robust construction comes with a downside – it’s quite heavy. This makes it less than ideal for backpacking or any camping trip where you’ll need to carry the tent over long distances.
- Entry Door Pole Gets in the Way: The pole that supports the tent’s entrance can sometimes get in the way, especially when entering or exiting the tent. It’s a minor inconvenience, but it’s worth noting.
- Door Zippers Are Hard to Completely Shut: I’ve found that the door zippers can be a bit tricky to completely shut. While this doesn’t affect the tent’s overall performance, it can be a bit frustrating when you’re trying to secure the tent for the night.
Pricing and Value
Canvas tents are often associated with high price tags, but the Regatta Bell Tent stands out for its exceptional value for money. White Duck, the company behind the Regatta, designed this tent as an “entry-level” canvas tent. Their goal was to deliver all the essentials of a high-quality canvas tent without the hefty price tag.
The Regatta Bell Tent is made from heavy-duty materials, is compatible with a wood stove, and offers tons of space – all features you’d expect from a premium canvas tent. However, White Duck has left out some of the more “premium” features found on other bell models like the Avalon or wall tents like their Alpha series.
In my experience, the Regatta Bell Tent delivers on its promise of providing excellent value for money. It’s a testament to the fact that you don’t need to break the bank to enjoy the benefits of a high-quality canvas tent. Whether you’re new to canvas tents or looking for a cost-effective upgrade, the Regatta Bell Tent is a choice worth considering.
After spending a bit of time with the Regatta Bell Tent, I’ve come to appreciate its many strengths and understand its few weaknesses.
The tent’s heavy-duty materials, spacious interior, and suitability for multiple seasons and glamping make it a standout choice. Its performance in high winds is impressive, and considering all these features, it’s priced very well. White Duck has done an excellent job of creating an “entry-level” canvas tent that doesn’t skimp on the essentials.
However, it’s not without its drawbacks. The tent’s weight makes it less suitable for backpacking, and the entry door pole can sometimes get in the way. Additionally, the door zippers can be a bit tricky to shut completely, in my experience.
Despite these minor issues, I believe the Regatta Bell Tent is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a versatile and comfortable camping solution. Its pros far outweigh its cons, and it offers excellent value for money.
Whiteduck Regatta Canvas Bell TentPrice:
Clicking this link to make a purchase may earn us a commission at no additional cost to you.